This is an ongoing project providing multi-faceted support to a marginalised community. The project:
1) gives indigenous children the opportunity to receive early primary education in their own environment, with their own teachers, before transitioning to the national curriculum,
2) teaches parents the negative effects of early child marriage,
3) helps people to become aware of the disadvantages of drug use and how they are degrading people’s health, mental condition and the development of their community,
4) helps people to be able to obtain their legitimate rights with the local government administration,
5) develops future leaders through the youth seminars, as they learn the role of a leader and apply their new skills in their society.
Some of these issues are foreign to us, but others are very familiar to us in Australia as well. It seems no one is remote from the scourge of drug misuse. This community is also desperately short of leaders who can guide them as they navigate a very challenging political context. There is a great shortage of hope.
This is a multi year project .
Please note that all donations are processed by Wycliffe Bible Translators Australia.
If we receive extra funds, this will go towards next year’s target.